Patrick G. King
Patrick focuses and concentrates his practice in personal injury, wrongful death, municipal law, and mediation Patrick understands his unique role to help people, solve problems, and represent those who may not have a voice otherwise. Patrick puts his client’s interests before personal benefits; anything short of this principle would fail to uphold the ethics of his profession and standards of MillerKing LLC. Through a Peer Review Process by Martindale-Hubbell, Patrick received the highest rating – AV Preeminent – for legal ability and ethics. As Martindale-Hubbell has been rating attorneys for more than 130 years, Patrick accepts and takes this Peer Review process honestly and seriously.
As a lawyer, Patrick handles each case or legal matter with personalized attention to detail, strategic planning, and dedicated preparation to achieve the best result by mediation, settlement, or trial. Patrick promotes an open channel of communication, keeps matters strictly confidential, advocates zealously, utilizes problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, stays informed on the law and legal trends, and maintains professional relationships with judges, court staff, and other lawyers.
As a mediator approved or certified by Illinois State Bar Association, Patrick works as a mediator in lawsuits and civil cases. Mediation is non-binding alternative dispute resolution process to settle and resolve cases and legal issues. A mediator serves as a neutral third party trained in the law and dispute resolution process to bring closure and resolution. In addition, Patrick is often court-appointed as a Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) to represent or act in the best interest of a disabled adult or minor involving disability, personal injury, or wrongful death.
Patrick also serves as the appointed attorney for City of Alton’s Civil Service Commission, Village of New Douglas, Village of Glen Carbon Police Commission, Village of Maryville Police & Fire Commission, City of Troy Police Commission, and Village of St. Jacob Zoning Board Administrator.
Patrick has been elected and served in leadership positions within the legal community, such as Past President of Madison County Bar Association and Past President of Alton-Wood River Bar Association. Patrick is a native of Godfrey, Illinois, who attended St. Ambrose Grade School and Marquette Catholic High School. Upon graduating from the University of Missouri, Patrick graduated with honors from Thomas M. Cooley Law School along with his wife and law partner, Stephanie. Patrick and his family are active members of St. Ambrose Parish, the local community, and the legal community.
PATRICK’S BIOGRAPHICAL PROFILE
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. cum laude (top 6% of class)
- Honor Roll
- Dean’s List
- Honors Scholarship
- Litigation Concentration
- Certificate of Merits (top grade): Criminal Law, Constitutional Law I, Law Office Management, & Medical Malpractice
- Trinity Term Mock Trial Invitational 2008, Winner
- Intra-School Mock Trial Competition 2007, Winner
- National Trial Team, Member
University of Missouri, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science & History
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & RECOGNITION
- Alton-Wood River Bar Association (Past President)
- Madison County Bar Association (Past President)
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- The Missouri Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- AV Preeminent (Martindale-Hubbell Rating)
- Avvo.com – Superb Rating (10.0 Personal Injury)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015-2022
- Voted Best of the Best, Best Attorney, 2013, The Alton Telegraph
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) – Completion of Intensive Professional Training Program – Building Trial Skills – Rocky Mountain Program
LOCAL COMMUNITY GROUPS
- Knights of Columbus
- North Alton Godfrey Business Council
- RiverBend Growth Association